Friday, October 17, 2008

It's fall again!


Is it fall? Is it winter? No it's fall.....This has been crazy weather we have been having. I think this is the first time I have had to use my snow shovel before my rake. Before the snow storm last weekend, the leaves on our trees in the front yard were just starting to turn yellow. After the storm, they all fell to the ground when the snow started melting, you couldn't see any snow through the blanket of leaves. So today I decided it was time, since all the snow was gone, to rake the leaves up.

Ally and Jerrica wanted to help, too. Ally did a great job raking the leaves into a big pile, but she had other plans than to put them in a bag.....



The girls and I had a lot of fun. I would rake leaves into a pile and they would jump into them..





...again and again and again!!!






Pippin had as much fun as we did, chasing the leaves and running up and down the trees.


Jerrica was so afraid that Pippin was going to fall out of the tree, she told her "It's okay Pippin, I'll catch you!"


Time had come to actually pick the leaves up, sixteen bags later, the yard looks great!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference raking those leafs made! You got some really cute pics outta the deal too. I love the one of Ally jumping into the leafs. SO cool! I wish, in the one of both of them, that Jerrica's curls weren't blocking Ally's eye. I might have to try to fix that later. That darn girl and her curls tryin' to steal the show. :) Oh, and very clever on the Jerrica catching Pippin. Cute!!! Love it!